I am a freelance science writer and an award-winning book author with a PhD in molecular biology. My journalistic credits include Scientific American, Reuters, the New Scientist, Nature and many others. As a consultant, I help scientists communicating their work to the public and the media. I am often invited to talk about genomics, biotech, science communication and research. I like to produce and read/hear/watch stories that are compelling, sharp-sighted and accurate. When not at my desk, I am on a conference tour or diving. Read more
- Dental Fillings: a Reaction in Your Mouth
- Chemmatters, October 2017 Read more – ‘Dental Fillings: a Reaction in Your Mouth’.
- Is your home healthy? Ask the DNA
- Genetic investigations are the latest tool for busting unsafe microorganisms and improving air quality in buildings. Read more – ‘Is your home healthy? Ask the DNA’.
- Do microbes control our mood?
- Research on gut bacteria may change the way we look at anxiety, depression, and behavioural disorders Read more – ‘Do microbes control our mood?’.