I am a freelance science writer and an award-winning book author with a PhD in molecular biology. My journalistic credits include Scientific American, Reuters, the New Scientist, Nature and many others. As a consultant, I help scientists communicating their work to the public and the media. I like to produce and read/hear/watch stories that are compelling, sharp-sighted and accurate. Read more
EU project Estools
EU project Neurostemcell
EU project Ipodd
EU project BioPop
RAI Radiotelevisione Italiana
University of Milan
University of Sheffield
University of Rome Tor Vergata
University of Tuebingen
University of Turin
- Do microbes control our mood?
- Research on gut bacteria may change the way we look at anxiety, depression, and behavioural disorders Read more – ‘Do microbes control our mood?’.
- Which is more wholesome: wild or farmed fish?
- Choosing between wild and farmed fish is often a dilemma for consumers. Science gives us a heads-up for choosing at the counter and helps in the struggle to save the global fish stocks Sergio Pistoi, Youris.com Wild-captured fish cost twice as much as their farmed counterparts; a difference that many believe is justified by their better […] Read more – ‘Which is more wholesome: wild or farmed fish?’.
- Smart Cities Vs. Terrorism
- Does technology expose cities more to terrorist attacks? Read more – ‘Smart Cities Vs. Terrorism’.