I am a freelance science writer and an award-winning book author with a PhD in molecular biology. My journalistic credits include Scientific American, Reuters, the New Scientist, Nature and many others. As a consultant, I help scientists communicating their work to the public and the media. I like to produce and read/hear/watch stories that are compelling, sharp-sighted and accurate. Read more
- Is your home healthy? Ask the DNA
- Genetic investigations are the latest tool for busting unsafe microorganisms and improving air quality in buildings. Read more – ‘Is your home healthy? Ask the DNA’.
- Do microbes control our mood?
- Research on gut bacteria may change the way we look at anxiety, depression, and behavioural disorders Read more – ‘Do microbes control our mood?’.
- Which is more wholesome: wild or farmed fish?
- Choosing between wild and farmed fish is often a dilemma for consumers. Science gives us a heads-up for choosing at the counter and helps in the struggle to save the global fish stocks Sergio Pistoi, Youris.com Wild-captured fish cost twice as much as their farmed counterparts; a difference that many believe is justified by their better […] Read more – ‘Which is more wholesome: wild or farmed fish?’.